Natural dyed fabrics need special care owing to the properties of the dyes. Try to follow the below instructions while washing your naturally dyed handwoven product for maximum life and durability of fabric:
- Soapnut powder/ liquid works better, however, mild soap bar with low caustic soda content could also be used
- Gentle hand wash is recommended; if machine is used, wash using ‘delicate’ setting
- Ensure the clothes are rinsed completely without leaving any soap residue
- Always dry clothes in shade, away from direct sunlight. Do not use metal clothesline for drying the clothes
- Iron at medium temperature
NOTE: All natural dyed fabrics are prone to bleeding in the first 2-3 washes. The fabric will naturally become softer and more breathable with subsequent washes. The fabric tends to gradually fade over a period of time. Indigo producuts must be dried and stored away from light. Natural fading in places exposed to light as well as at the folds might occur over time.